Friday, July 01, 2005

A Day to Remember

Thought yesterday would be the same as any other day, go work then go home... at least that was until SM initiated to have a dinner... So in the end, the few of us (AJ, ET, JL, JX, SM and me) went to a 한국식당 (korean restaurant) and had our dinner.

It was the first time I went to a korean restaurant for dinner, but think AJ and SM came this place before. Though there were not too many people patronizing this restaurant, I think it was still a pretty nice place. The decor was rather homely. Wanted to use my limited Korean to order the foods, but in the end simply forgo the idea (English is still more comfy for me...).

While waiting for our food after placing our orders, we started entertaining ourselves by asking each other 欠扁问答题... We all had fun during the session even though we might have heard some of the questions before liao...

The food here was not too bad as well, at least I like the BBQ beef set that I've ordered... got free flow of those small dishes and tea as well... Didn't know that cold vege could be so tasty... Desserts were also included in the set meal, though I find the portion a bit too small...

After having our meals we continued to sit at the restaurant and chit-chat... then out of nowhere, a present was placed right in front of me... It was an Initial D model car with radio control capability (wasn't the model suppose to be AE 86 instead of AD 86, is that a 'pirated' version... hehe)... anyway haven't got the time to try out the car yet...

After we left the restaurant, AJ suggested going to a plcae called Hideout for a drink as it was in the vicinity... JL and JX decided not to go and left early though, so the rest of us proceed to the place...

The place was not too noisy or rowdy, maybe bcos thursday was a chillout night... this place was quite well-known in the blogging community, according to AJ... I find the ambience there pretty good... the lady boss then recommended us some special cocktails... one of which tasted like medicine and the chocolate cocktail tasted like ice milo...

The seat was so comfortable that I could have fell asleep... We sat down there, enjoyed the drinks, and probably talked about everything under the sun... It was quite some time since the four of us came together and have a nice little chat...

It's been a long time since I last celebrated my birthday in such a manner... I think it was truly a day that I would remember for a long time to come...Thanks everyone for turning up, esp SM for initiating this and JL for buying the present... :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home