Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Skating at ECP

It's been quite some time since I last went skating, think was at least 3 months ago bah... Was actually thinking of going on Saturday, but since FL had asked me and a few others to go today, went with them instead... Had to dig out all my skating stuff, esp my skates which had collected a fair bit of dust for lying around in a corner for more than 3 months...

Meet up with FL, I and her husband, C, at ECP Mac, and then =.= at the skating ring... then FL went to the shop nearest the skating ring to rent a pair of skates, while I skate down along the pathway for some warm ups... I and C, brought their own skates, but there were some problem with C's skates and he had to rent another pair as well...

After doing a few rounds at the ring, FL felt it was ok to go out and skate along the path, so all of us headed down towards the direction of Bedok Jetty... It was only the second skating session for FL, but she was starting to get a hang of it already, although she was still not very confident when going upslope or down, which is perfectly normal for newbies... Think would probably need another 1 or 2 more sessions to get her balance right and the strides correctly...

By the time, we went to Bedok Jetty and back, 2 hours had already passed... and FL had to return the skates... Then we all went for lunch at the Beach Road Prawn Noodle shop, which is located at East Coast Road rather than Beach Road... Think the standard drop liao, although the last time i went was like 5 years ago already...

Hopefully I can pick up my weekly skating once again, now that got new kakis...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home