Sunday, January 15, 2006

Exhausted Sunday

Sunday went skating in the afternoon as the weather was finally sunny after raining for the past week. As I alighted from my bus at Marine Parade Road, it started drizzling, and I thought "oh s*&%". This time, I arrived slightly earlier and sure enough, no one was here yet. Then S and YM came at around 3pm. So we called the rest of the people (i.e. Irene and hubby, FL, =.= and PS) to check on their location and ETA. Then the people started coming in one by one and we finally get started at around 345pm.

PS brought a fren, YT, along and both of them are first time skaters. I followed YT along the way and it seems that he's doing quite well for a first timer, even managed to go all the way down to the Fort Road end without much help. And he only fell a couple of times for the whole session, which I think is pretty good liao... Went to ECP Mac for rest and drink before going for dinner at Parkway Parade Hawker Centre. At dinner, met Sri (from badminton session), who also went skating at ECP.

Boardgame Paradice

After dinner went Board Gaming (yet again... the 3rd time in this week!) at a place called Boardgame Paradice (BP). Apparently this is a newly opened outlet (only one week old according to the boss). Only 4 of us stayed to play though, =.=, S, YM and me. We played a game called Ingenious, some block placing game. The game lasted about an hour and =.= won... Then we also played the Settlers of Catan (the same game which I played on wednesday)... And coincidentally, the game also lasted about an hour and =.= won!

Games @ BP

Overall I think the gaming package here was slightly more expensive than Pitstop Cafe or Settlers. And they could improve a bit more on the decor, but since they are new, I don't fault them too much for that. By the time we are done, its about 1030pm liao, so went to the bus stop to wait for the buses to go home. I could take 2 service numbers home at the bus stop. The 1st one that arrived goes a longer route. Luckily I did not board, as the 2nd one arrive within minutes. Took a 35-minute bus ride home.

People @ BP
Picture Courtesy of Stupid Genius

(You may wish to check out Stupid Genius' blog entry on the same event.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home